Events Attendee Sales and Development Manager
The Events Attendee Sales & Development Manager for Farm Journal’s Produce Division will provide attendee development leadership for the produce division’s event business, serve as the marketing/promotion lead for event/tradeshow attendee development, and serve as the liaison between sales and the Farm Journal event team as it relates to attendee support.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Produce Marketing & Events, this role is to ensure that all measures are in place to maximize attendee development efforts (including prospect identification, contact management, direct contact, and registration tracking), influence execution of marketing strategies, tracking all activity and results, and develop and execute all audience development strategy and tactics.
This role will interface closely with the Packer sales organization, providing the direction and support needed to exceed all revenue expectations. There will also be a significant requirement for coordination with the event team to insure the event meets the expectations of the attendance and exhibitors. Secondarily, but also critical, the Attendee Development Manager will represent the needs of the key attendees in the event team.
Candidate must be highly motivated and organized in business management, sales, and event strategy, with a strong acumen to create appealing sales programs, manage high volume outreach, and support direct sales for exhibits, sponsorships and attendance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for all attendee development activities:
- Develop and maintain prospect lists for event attendance
- Oversee hosted buyer budget
- Contact all key prospects via phone, email, and other marketing efforts
- Oversee marketing plan and execution for all attendee outreach
- Coordinate all hosted buyer accommodations and compensation
- Insure attendees have a perfect experience while at our events
- Coordinate with event staff (Content Services) on all marketing support for attendee development
- Oversee the registration process, including segmentation, registration site, approvals, and revenue reporting.
- Achieve attendee revenue goals – both metrics; people and revenue
Coordination with Event Staff (Content Services)
- Establish and Coordinate all attendance marketing efforts with event team
- Attend weekly calls with prepared updates on expo attendance activities and results
- Provide creative input on event strategy including, but not limited to:
- Expo layout
- Exhibitor/Sponsor packages
- Attendee services
- Event theme & schedule
These qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent knowledge of marketing and value of advertising
- Background in business or operations
- Tradeshow execution expertise
- Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales strategy expertise
- Highly skilled in event and project management
- Highly organized, able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Proven ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality